Insomnia is one of the side effects that can occur when using Phentermine weight loss pills.
Generally, insomnia or sleep disorder occurs in the first weeks of Phentermine use and eventually disappears on its own.
Why do you have insomnia on Phentermine
Insomnia is a pathological state, which arises because Phentermine has a potent anorexigenic effect on the brain.
After the drug intake, these weight loss pills dissolve in the stomach and release active ingredient that is absorbed in the blood plasma.
When Phentermine enters the CNS, it stimulates the brain and helps to increase serotonin level.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is involved in the signals transmition between the brain cells.
High level of serotonin significantly reduces the obese patient’s appetite, promotes the narrowing of vessel walls and increases blood pressure.
Hypertension and increased excitability are some of the main causes of insomnia.
In addition, heart rhythm and the brain activity can be increased while using Phentermine weight loss pills.
Under such conditions, some obese patients find it difficult to relax and to fall asleep.
What to do to avoid Insomina on Phentermine
There is a simple recommendation, which helps diminish or eliminate the risk of sleplesness.
All obese patients should take these weight loss pills in the morning.
This simple measure greatly reduces the risk of insomnia and allows patients to reduce the feeling of hunger throughout the day.
If a patient taking Phentermine follows all the doctor’s recommendations, but sleep disorder is still observed, he can be recommended to reduce the dosage.
Low doses of Phentermine are rapidly metabolized in the liver and excreted from the body.
Other tips to reduce the risk of sleep impairment while on Phentermine
To reduce the risk of insomnia during the use of these weight loss pills, it is recommended:
- Not to consume alcohol before bedtime. Despite the fact that small amount of alcohol has a sedative effect, promote a rapid falling asleep, it adversely affects deep sleep phase.
- To abandon a large amount of food before bedtime. The large amount of food stimulates the circulatory and gastrointestinal systems of the body.
- Moreover, the large amount of food before bedtime is not recommended during Phentermine use.
- To give up smoking. Nicotine contained in tobacco smoke has a stimulating effect on the brain, promotes the release of adrenaline and increases arterial pressure.
- To increase physical activity. Physical activity takes a lot of forces, accelerates metabolism and contributes to the rapid falling asleep. It is not good doing exercises right before bedtime.
- Not to consume products and beverages containing caffeine. Caffeine is an alkaloid, which enhances the excitation processes in the cerebral cortex.
- Especially, avoid drinking coffee in the afternoon.
Can you take sleeping aids with Phentermine?
Yes you can.
You can always use prescription and over-the-counter sleeping pills.
However, it is very important that sleeping pills do not interact with Phentermine.
Therefore, you should consult a doctor or a pharmacist before using sleeping pills or other drugs.