Tenuate Dospan is a trade name for Diethylpropion Hydrochloride, an amphetamine derivative, which reduces appetite. Diet pills are indicated to patients with obesity (BMI 30 or more) to help them lose weight.
Losing weight is not a quick fix thing and not all patients can effectively fight obesity.
Using Tenuate Dospan allows you to:
- Suppress cravings for food throughout the day.
- Lose weight and reduce BMI in a stable manner.
Introducing lifestyle changes is a starting point for any weight loss program.
The best way to lose weight is to use Tenuate Dospan and:
- Observe the healthy nutrition plan.
- Be physically active.
Tenuate Dospan comes in the form of extended-release tablets. They gradually dissolve in the stomach and work throughout the day.
White oblong tablets contain:
- 75mg of the anorectic agent, named Diethylpropion Hydrochloride.
- Tartaric acid, mannitol and other inactive ingredients.
The initial, recommended and maximum dosage is one Tenuate Dospan 75mg tablet in the mid-morning.
To achieve the maximum weight loss rate, you need to keep in mind these tips:
- Swallow tablets whole with or without food.
- Take doses daily at the same time.
- Tell your doctor if the anorexic effect decreases.
The full treatment course for obesity should not exceed several weeks. This is due to the fact that the effectiveness of Tenuate Dospan decreases with time. The drug continues suppressing your appetite, yet not as effectively as it used to do it before.
- During the first 30 days of the obesity treatment, the patient should lose a minimum of 4 pounds (1.8 kg).
- If this does not happen, use of Tenuate Dospan 75mg tablets usually stops.
Tenuate Dospan is not approved for the treatment of obesity in patients younger than 16 years of age. Because of a greater incidence of the diseases of heart, liver and other internal organs, elderly patients should use this drug with caution.
Tenuate Dospan is not prescribed to patients, who used powerful anorectics, for example, Phentermine, last year. Tenuate Dospan should not be used concurrently with any appetite suppressing supplements, including those that are available without a prescription.
Currently, the main consumers of Tenuate Dospan are residents of the United States. The drug is available in the US market for several decades and was previously very well known in the world market for the anti-obesity drugs.
In some countries of the world, Tenuate Dospan is known under other names, for example:
- Tenuate Retard in Germany.
- Delgamer in Spain.
Sales of Tenuate Dospan 75mg in Germany, Spain and other European countries were discontinued in 2000. This happened after the European Medical Agency recommended withdrawing this drug from the market due to the high risk of cardiovascular and other side effects.