Why the FDA approved Phentermine?
- After studying pre-clinical and clinical trials of Phentermine, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) made a conclusion that in terms of effectiveness and safety, Phentermine’s benefits are greater than its risks for obese patients.
What kind of benefit does Phentermine give you?
- Phentermine helps to stop progression of obesity and reduce the body weight by 5-15% of the initial weight. Due to weight loss, patients taking Phentermine can prevent the obesity complications (diabetes, hypertension).
What potential risks occur because of Phentermine use?
- Post-marketing studies results demonstrated that Phentermine could cause severe cardiovascular side effects. Patients with history of cardiovascular side effects are at a very high risk of cardiovascular side effects of Phentermine.
How long should I take Phentermine?
- Phentermine is used for a short-term weight loss therapy, lasting from several weeks to three months. In the first weeks of Phentermine application, the weight loss rate is higher than in the final stage of weight loss therapy.
What Phentermine dose is safe?
- If a patient has allergic reaction to sympathomimetic amines, then even a minimal dose of Phentermine is unsafe for him. Maximum recommended dose of Phentermine for adult patients is 30mg (equivalent to Phentermine Hydrochloride 37.5mg). Exceeding the daily dose of Phentermine 30mg may cause an overdose.
What should I do in Phentermine overdose?
If Phentermine abuse caused overdose, you should:
- Induce vomiting
- Do a gastric lavage
- Take an activated carbon
- To ease up psychiatric side effects (hyperactivity, psychosis or hallucinations), a patient might be prescribed with Diazepam or Chlorpromazine.
Can Phentermine help to become slim, if the weight increased because of other drugs?
- Phentermine helps to become slim regardless of the cause and severity of obesity, patient’s age and gender. Therefore, if the body weight significantly increased because of other drugs (e.g. antidepressants); a patient can discuss with a doctor the possibility of using Phentermine for weight loss.
Can I take Phentermine along with antidiabetic drugs?
- You can use Phentermine with antidiabetic drugs (e.g. insulin and Metformin). The dose regimen of all taken drugs must be discussed with the doctor.
What impact does Phentermine have on pregnant women and fetus?
- Phentermine does not provide an extra threat for pregnant women. However, Phentermine causes teratogenic effect and poses potential threat to fetal development.
What other drugs can be used instead of Phentermine?
- If Phentermine is contraindicated to a patient, a doctor can prescribe other prescription or over-the-counter weight loss drugs. Prescription diet pills that can be used instead of Phentermine pills are sold under the trade names Belviq, Tenuate, Didrex and Bontril in the USA.
Who supplies Phentermine pills to the USA?
- Phentermine diet pills are supplied to the USA by 20 different companies, or more. One of the latest companies that gained the trade license allowing to sell Phentermine within the USA (in 2014), is InvaGen Pharmaceuticals.
Under what trademarks is Phentermine sold in the USA?
- The most popular trademarks of Phentermine drug in the USA is Suprenza (chewable tablets) and Adipex-P (tablets and capsules). In addition, you can get Phentermine drug at the U.S. pharmacies under generic name Phentermine Hydrochloride.
How to get Phentermine pills in the USA?
- You need a prescription to get Phentermine diet pills. Only patients with BMI 27 and higher can get the prescription for Phentermine in the USA.
Where can I get Phentermine?
- Some U.S. pharmacies offer to get Phentermine. Before purchasing Phentermine, please make sure the pharmacy has the trade license allowing to sell weight loss products within the USA. Please note that in the USA, purchase and sale of Phentermine without RX is illegal.