How to eat and not get fat? A nutrition program that works
You are embarrassed to strip in the pool, yet there are things that scare you even more than losing your shape, like:
- keeping to a strict diet,
- tight restrictions,
- grueling workouts.
- We present you a healthy diet program that really works.
How the nutrition plan works
Distribute calories between three main meals:
- about 350 kcal for breakfast,
- 450 kcal for lunch,
- 500 kcal for dinner,
- 200 kcal for snacks.
Evenly distribute calories throughout the day. This way, your blood sugar level will be stable and you will not be tormented by hunger.
Plan it in advance
Think about the main meals and snacks. Make a list when you go to the grocery store. Buy only what you need, and avoid big packs.
What should 1 serving be like?
We offer you some benchmarks that will help you calculate the number of products per serving:
- Boiled vegetables – about 1/2 cup.
- Salad – 1 dessert dish.
- Grapefruit, avocado – half of fruit.
- Apples, bananas, oranges – 1 piece.
- Plums and other fruits of the same size – 2 pieces.
- Fruit salad or canned fruit – 2-3 tbsp.
- Grapes, cherries and other berries of the same size- 1 glass or 2 handfuls.
- Dried fruits – 0.5-1 tbsp.
- Nuts – 1 small handful.
- Fruit juice – 150 ml = 3/4 cup.
- Meat, poultry, fish – approximately 3 thin pieces the size of a playing card.
- Eggs – 2 pieces of boiled or an omelette.
- Beans- 4 tbsp.
- Cheese – piece in the size of a matchbox, about 40 grams.
- Cooked pasta – 3 heaping tbsp.
- Boiled rice – 2 tbsp.
- Breakfast cereals – 3 tbsp.
- Bread – 1 slice of medium thickness.
- Ice cream – 1 scoop = 1 tbsp.
- Cream with a 10% fat content – 1 tsp.
- Chocolate dark (from 70% cocoa) – 20 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise “Light” – 1 tsp.
- Jam or honey – 1 heaping tsp.
To save time, we increasingly often replace proper food with fast food, which contains 2-3 times more calories than homemade dishes do.
Enjoy your food
The best advice for those who want to get rid of excess weight is to cook at home more often. Besides, enjoy planning family lunches and dinners, making menus, buying food.
Serve the table, sit calmly and enjoy the food.
You should never do the following things when you eat, if you want to lose weight or to maintain your weight:
- eat on the go
- turn on the TV,
- talk on the phone with friends.
Numerous studies confirm that you eat more when you are distracted while eating for reading or watching TV. Most likely, this is because your attention is dissipated and you no longer “hear” when your body gives a signal of saturation.
Quantity is important
These simple rules will help you eat less:
- Choose small plates. You will eat less, nevertheless psychological satisfaction will be high: after all, you ate a full plate, which means you will remain full for a long time!
- Fill a large plate with vegetables and herbs. We are saturated through the eyes as well, so it is important that there is a lot of food on the plate. If this is the case, vegetables and greens are a wonderful way out is. Don’t forget about moderation when it comes to sauce or oil.
- If you eat in a restaurant, choose one cold appetizer and one hot appetizer. If the hot appetizer is rich enough, choose a salad of fresh vegetables as the cold appetizer. Instead of appetizers, you can take soup or fish with greens.
50 calories for snack
If you want to chew something salty:
- 2 small crackers with sesame and 1 tbsp. of sauce you make from avocado, salt, mustard and lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. of soft goat cheese with a celery stalk.
- 7 strawberries with a pinch of brown sugar (optional);
- 4 grapes (better white with seeds).
Drink with a double effect:
- 1 glass of homemade ice green tea with berries, mint and ice will perfectly quench your thirst and even muffle a light hunger.