Duromine and Metermine are two most popular weight loss products in Australia. Obese and overweight Australians can buy Duromine or Metermine on prescription only. In 2013, Duromine and Metermine became the most prescribed weight loss medications in Australia.
- Duromine was included in the ARTG for the first time in July 1991.
- Metermine was first included in the ARTG in July 2004.
Both these weight loss medications contain anorexigenic agent Phentermine (as an ion-exchange resin complex). Phentermine dosage in one weight loss capsule Duromine or Metermine is indicated in milligrams.
On pharmaceutical market, you may find:
- Oral Duromine capsules of 15mg, 30mg and 40mg.
- Oral Metermine capsules of 15mg, 30mg and 40mg.
Duromine and Metermine capsules both are of the same color. Duromine capsules and Metermine capsules only differ by an imprint.
Duromine pills marking / Metermine pills marking
- Duromine 15 / Metermine 15
- Duromine 30 / Metermine 30
- Duromine 40 / Metermine 40.
Trade license on Duromine and Metermine pills in Australia was issued to iNova pharmaceutical company.
- Metermine pills are only available in blisters.
- Duromine pills are available in blisters and plastic bottles.
It has to be noted that iNova Pharmaceuticals has the trade license on Duromine pills, valid in dozens countries of the world, while Metermine pills are only available at Australian pharmacies.
Mechanism of action, indications, contraindications and side effects of Metermine and Duromine are identical. Therefore, Duromine pills can be used as an alternative to Metermine pills. Please note that you can buy the original diet pills Duromine or Metermine (by iNova) on prescription only.
If you have a prescription on Duromine or Metermine pills, but they are expensive at pharmacies, ask your doctor what other medications, based on Phentermine he knows are sold in town.