How to use Duromine in old age
Duromine capsules are not recommended for the elderly.
However, obese patients over the age of 60 can take Duromine, if clinical diagnosis completely eliminates such risk factors, as:
- slow metabolism
- arterial hypertension
- liver failure
- cardiovascular disease
- endocrine disorders (including diabetes).
For the safest and most effective obesity treatment, early or mid-elderly patients are advised to take only the lowest Duromine dose, which is 15 mg per day.
Use of the minimum Duromine dose helps to significantly reduce the weight of geriatric patients and helps to restore their cholesterol and triglycerides serum balance.
When selecting the optimal dosing schedule for Duromine, the elderly must consider the fact that their metabolic rate can be reduced significantly.
Slow metabolism in geriatric patients can:
- extend the half-life and clearance of Duromine
- reduce the rate of the drug distribution in the body
- delay the onset of Duromine therapeutic action
- slow down the onset of its maximum blood concentration.
For an effective obesity treatment and the prevention of weight regain, elderly patients should maintain their physical activity every day, along with the use of Duromine capsules.