Acupuncture is a method of Eastern medicine; its essence is to affect the biologically active points of the body, using needles.
Procedure, performed by a competent specialist does not cause pain in a patient.
In modern clinical practice, disposable needles are used, that are made of surgical steel.
Due to impact on points, impulses from the central nervous system are adjusted.
For example, acupuncture for weight loss helps to reduce the appetite, to improve metabolism and the work of digestive system.
Effects of acupuncture for weight loss
During the first sessions the points are stimulated that reduce a feeling of hunger and thus the appetite decreases and weight loss is 1.5-2 kg per week.
Within two weeks the needles are directed to the points, stimulating the metabolism, the metabolism is improved, and weight continues to decrease after acupuncture sessions.
Depending on the method chosen, acupuncture helps to lose 2% to 18% of the initial body weight in a year.
In proper diet, achieved results in weight loss persist a few years.
It should be noted that acupuncture methods used in Traditional Chinese Medicine differ from those used in Europe and the U.S.
Acupuncture methods for weight loss in Europe and the U.S.
- Acupuncture for weight loss is used in combination with low-calorie diet.
- Acupuncture for weight loss may be combined with medications for weight reduction.
- Besides needles, active points are stimulated by laser, electrical impulses, medicinal solutions (pharmacopuncture).
- More than 10 needles are used by master in a procedure.
- Treatment course is 10-20 procedures.
Acupuncture methods for weight loss in the East
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine only needles are used in acupuncture for weight loss.
- Sometimes parallel with needles, points are heated with smoke of burning herbs.
- Master uses 1-5 needles in a procedure.
- Duration of treatment course is 1-10 procedures.
Acupuncture for weight loss in obesity
When a patient needs to lose a large amount of weight, it is advisable to conduct a long course of obesity treatment, intended for a year and a half.
- The first stage of acupuncture for weight loss consists of 12-15 procedures, conducted in a day.
- The second stage of acupuncture for weight loss consists of 10-12 procedures.
- The third stage of acupuncture for weight loss consists of 10-12 procedures and is conducted 10-12 months after the first stage.
Duration of obesity treatment is due to the fact that the processes of natural changes occur in the body at a slow rate.
But in rapid weight loss, the body does not have time to get used to the changes and kilograms lost quickly return.
What points are involved in acupuncture for weight loss?
Most of the points that suppress appetite are located in the ear.
Some methods even imply leaving the needles in these points for several days in a row.
In addition, points, which affect the muscular wall of the stomach are also involved in the process.
Their stimulation reduces the stomach volume, which leads to a natural decrease in amounts of food, needed for complete saturation.
Patients with overweight and obesity often suffer from depressive disorders and neuroses.
Therefore, specialists affect the points that help to stabilize their psychological state.
If you decide to use acupuncture to lose weight, make sure that you address to a competent practitioner to avoid any possible negative consequences of improper treatment.