Take a careful look to the selected fasting days options. By the way, they are not only useful, but also tasty – that’s for sure!
Fasting days do not involve a strict 24-hour starvation and consuming only water. This article gives you the possibility to choose between various options, depending on your taste preferences. You should make fasting day once a week: we have options for the sweet tooth, and for meat lovers.
It’s kind of a shake-up for the body, in which you may not only lose weight, but also bring your health in order.
Fasting day with bananas
The useful properties of bananas are not a secret to anybody. Athletes call banana the “natural energy shot”, and eat it to restore muscle tissue, as well. Beauty-holics state that banana has a beneficial effect on skin condition, and doctors advise to eat the fruit before going to bed, which will help you successfully fight insomnia.
As for the nutritionists, they note that: one banana-fasting day every week will help you lose weight effectively in a month. This is due to the fact that the fructose, contained in bananas, kills cravings. Despite the low caloric value, banana also promotes rapid saturation – take note of this fact and snack with this fruit in the office, rather than cupcakes.
Banana-fasting day has a lot of variations:
- You may combine banana with water (eat a banana and drink a glass of water for breakfast, lunch and dinner),
- You may combine banana with milk (mix milk and a banana in a blender),
- You may combine banana with cheese.
Fasting day with chocolate
Chocolate fasting days will be loved not only by a sweet tooth, but also by those, who suffer from high blood pressure. Yet, diabetics should refrain from this fasting days option. Of course, not any chocolate will suit the purpose. You should forget about milk, white and aerated chocolate. Choose dark chocolate, which contains at least 80% of cocoa.
You may choose one of the two options for the chocolate fasting day:
- you may eat 10 grams of chocolate before each meal,
- you may take 80 grams of chocolate and divide it for the whole day.
Give a special focus to water – you have to drink 1.5 or even 2 liters throughout the day (although, you are allowed to drink water only 3 hours after a chocolate serving).
Fasting day with chicken breasts
If you can’t survive a day without meat, you’ll like this option:
- divide 700 grams of boiled chicken into equal servings for 6 meals every 3 hours
- drink plenty of water
- try to even without the vegetables.
The essence of this fasting day lies in a large amount of protein consumed – it speeds up the metabolism and makes the body produce enzymes that break down fat.
By the way, you may lose 1 kg per day and even more, if you add physical activity (turn on video exercises with Victoria’s Secret models, or go to the gym).
Fasting day with fruit cocktail
This fasting day is based on a large protein intake:
- mix in a blender about 500 grams of cottage cheese (you may take more!),
- + 0.5 liters of yogurt
- + non-sweet fruit – try to do without bananas, grapes and figs.
Cottage cheese and yogurt should make up the biggest part of the cocktail.
Thus, you will get a big dose of protein, which will affect your metabolism in a positive way.
By the way, those who prefer vegetables, also have an option. Mix:
- +cottage cheese,
- +greens (you may use almost any: spinach, lettuce, parsley, onions).
Fasting day with apples
The most useful are considered namely green apples. However, you should be careful with them, if you have gastritis or gastric ulcer. During the day:
- crunch the apples – about a kilogram during the day
- garnish them with cottage cheese.
- or drink a glass of mineral water half an hour before the apple serving.
You may combine apples with yogurt and honey, and you may eat them as a separate product, even without water. Thus, you will help your body get rid of fluid excess.